Uconnect Infotainment System
What is Apple Apple CarPlay?
Available on select FCA US vehicles, Apple CarPlay® is a smarter way to use your iPhone® in the vehicle. CarPlay takes the things you want to do with your iPhone while driving and puts them right on your vehicle's built-in display. You can get directions, make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. Just connect your iPhone and go.
How do I use Apple CarPlay?
- Make sure that CarPlay is supported on your vehicle or Uconnect® system.
- Plug your iPhone in to the CarPlay USB port using an apple certified cord. If the CarPlay home screen doesn't appear, select the CarPlay logo on your Uconnect touchscreen.
- Make sure that your vehicle is running.
- Ask Siri® for what you need. You can do this as follows: Press and hold the Voice Recognition button on your steering wheel. Then ask for what you need.
What apps work with Apple CarPlay?
Apps included are Apple Maps, Phone, Messages and your Music. CarPlay also supports other apps on your iPhone - like your favorite audio and messaging apps such as Podcast, Audiobooks, iHeartRadio, At Bat, Spotify, Stitcher, CBS Radio, Overcast, Audiobooks.com, Audible, Pandora, Slacker Radio, VOX, NPR One, Clammer and Downcast.
What Smartphones work with Apple Carplay?
CarPlay will work with every iPhone from the iPhone 5 onwards.
Does Apple Carplay use my phones data plan? How much does it cost?
Yes, CarPlay uses your phone's data plan. Please visit your cellular provider's website for data usage and charges.
What is Google Android Auto?
Android Auto is a mobile app developed by Google to mirror features of an Android device, such as a smartphone, on car's dashboard information and entertainment head unit. Once an Android device is paired with the car's head unit, the system can mirror some apps on the vehicle's display.
What are the requirements to run Android Auto on my car display?
- An Android phone running Android 6.0 and up with a data plan.
- A car or stereo that's compatible with Android Auto.
- A high-quality USB cable.
- For wireless connection, a compatible phone and an aftermarket car stereo from JVC, Kenwood or Pioneer.
How do I connect Google Android Auto?
- Download the Android Auto app.
- Connect your phone to the Uconnect system via the USB input.
- The Android Auto icon will now appear on the Uconnect display.
- Select the icon to access the available Android apps.
What apps work with Google Android Auto?
Spotify, Waze, Google Maps, Spotify, Amazon Music, FB Messenger, WhatsApp, Pulse SMS, BBC Sound and Every Android Auto app on Google Play.
How do I get Android Auto to run on my car display?
For most compatible or after market stereos, simply plug in your phone using a USB cable. If your car display supports wireless connection, you must pair your phone with your vehicle's Bluetooth for setup. After setup, depending on your car, either the phone will automatically connect or the Android Auto app icon will appear on your car display.